We’re delighted to offer our FREE Creating a Trans-inclusive Setting Train the Trainer programme to educators, youth workers and professionals that work with children and young people!
This course gives staff the confidence to support a trans young person in your setting, including ideas for best practice in line with your setting's legal requirements. Participating schools become members of our School & College Champions programme.
By booking a place on a Stonewall course, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of School & College Champion Membership, which can be found here.
- To provide participants with the knowledge, tools and confidence they need create a trans inclusive setting and effectively support trans young people.
- To provide participants with the knowledge skills and tools to deliver a training session to their colleagues on creating a trans-inclusive setting.
- Gain an overview of the current state of bullying trans young people face and its impact on their achievement and school performance.
- Find out how to meet your Estyn and legal requirements under the inspection framework and the Equality Act 2010.
- Be inspired by best practice from other settings
Book your place
14 November 2019, Newport - BOOK NOW
21 November 2019, Carmarthen - BOOK NOW
11 December 2019, Cardiff - BOOK NOW
24 February 2020, Swansea - BOOK NOW
28 February 2020, Neath - BOOK NOW
2 March 2020, Nantgarw - BOOK NOW
For more information on this programme please contact Cymru's Education and Youth Programmes Officer, Tammy Hawkins on 02920 237 744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
These are free training sessions and places are on a first come first served basis.